College visit information and post visit interview
Upcoming college visits:
Name: Matti College Name: Bemidji Date: Decmeber10, 2018
1. Few quick facts: There are 5,00 students espcially students who come from a small high school; good transition into college. There is an underground system for foot walking and one of three colleges on lake.
2. What is the most popular major? Business, nursing, and crimial justice are the most popular major.
3. What are a few examples of clubs and activities available to students? A few clubs are student senate, horizontally challenged climbing club,and fishing team.
4. How are the athletics at your school? Bemidji is D2 except for mens and womens hockey team is D1.
5. How would you characterize the students who come to your school? The students are down to earth and hardworking with a community feel.
6. How easy is it to double major? There is a banded tutiion which is very feesable.
7. How is it for students when they come undecided (have not picked a major)? It is pretty easy and common with an advising success center with a 4 year plan of general education classes to take until you find yoour major.
8. Do students study abroad? Yes a Europe spring trip with oxford and on campus there is an international center. Some places are Sweden, Barcelona, Germany, Japan, and student teaching in New Zealand.
9. How accessible are teachers? Teachers are very accessable and are required ten office hours a week. There are small class sizes with a ratio of 19 to 1. There are TAs but do not teach classes.
10.What is something that you want someone applying to your school to know before applying? Bemidji wants general admission and questions dont hold back with you are allowed to retake your ACT.
Past College Post Visit Interview (Press name to go to link)